Alloway’s newest sampling service is designed to monitor for aerosol SARS-CoV-2 using a fast and highly reliable method. Air is the principal vehicle of SARS-CoV-2 transmission, so routine air monitoring allows you to identify potential spread and help protect your facility.
Critical Questions For Your Facility
• How do we re-open safely?
• How do we know if our SARS-CoV-2 policy is working?
• Are we doing everything we can?
• How can we give our community more confidence?
• Are containment strategies effective?
• Are cleaning procedures appropriate and effective?
• Where are the high-risk areas?
Sampling is performed using a Thermo Scientific™ AerosolSense™ Sampler and Alloway’s trained field technicians handle all the preparation and set-up. This highly reliable aerosol sampling technology can capture low in-air pathogen presence.
Sample Collection Procedure
1. Alloway’s trained field technicians will position the sampler in high traffic locations and/or outside containment areas. Optimal areas are 150 - 2000 square feet.
2. Equipment will be placed on an unobstructed flat surface that is 2 to 5 feet from the ground.
3. Samples are collected anywhere from 2 hour intervals to 24 hour intervals.
4. The sampler collects air samples through an omnidirectional inlet.
5. A sample cartridge installed into the sampler contains the collection substrate. The air sample is directed toward the collection substrate through an accelerating slit impactor.
6. Particles are trapped on the collection substrate as the air is drawn through the sampler. The air is then directed out of the device exhaust.
7. Technicians use the polymerase chain reaction testing method to determine whether genetic material from the coronavirus is present.
Take Action to Help Prevent Spread
A positive test result signals that SARS-CoV-2 particles were present in the ambient air surrounding the sampler during the time of sampling. These results allow you to activate or modify current safety protocols and testing strategies to protect your facility.
Contact Alloway today to schedule your sampling at email@example.com!